Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wild Side


Coincidentally timed with my intention on remembering life and marriage before children.   A new cooking show debuted this past week: "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen"  episode Walk on the Wildside.   The kitchen happened to be catering a fundraising event for the rescue and rehabilitation organization.  The show brought images of the Wildlife Waystation flooding back to John and myself.  I have not had the privilege of being on the ranch in over eight years.
Every Saturday, John and I made the journey from our Playa del Rey condo to the Wildlife Waystation in the Angeles National Forest.  I thrived our volunteer experience there.... it was often hot brutal work (especially for John), and every moment was precious.  As I sit here I can see one of my favorite pictures of a napping Idaho lion from one special afternoon John and I spent adding landscaping to his section.   Very few have the opportunity to experience this amazing volunteerism and I was fortunate enough to share it with my life partner.

The Wildlife Waystation blessed our lives and I miss it every day.

No comments: