Please explore these wonderful posts I have shared below about being special needs. The eloquence demonstrated by these bloggers has captured the essence of everything I strive to share about our special needs journey.
Please come back and share your thoughts as well. Stacie
How it feels to be special needs:
"CP in a Jar" from Butterfly Dreams
How it feels to be a special needs parent:
"Welcome to My World" found on Noah's Miracle. Also recommended on the site is "5 Things You Should Know" from Hope4Katy.
"I am tired..." by I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Living Life... Special Needs Style: Makenzies Miracle.
I am broken and you Can't Break Me "As Time Goes By"
Unhandicapping the Disabled shares how the weight of "Medical Debt" weighs on the special needs.
What NOT to Say.... What to Say on Support for Special Needs.
Just a Word by Fighting Monsters with Rubber Swords.
The Grand Rapids Press news article "Father's advice for parents with special needs children" by http://thegortfamily.blogspot.com/
Chronic Sorrow on Life with a Severely Disabled Child.
Groups and Forums:
For the Love of Blogs now has a group for "Parenting Special Needs"
Haunted and Convicted by Special Needs Ministry: "A 7-year-old boy with Cerebral Palsy was discovered brutally murdered by his father on Sunday, August 14, 2011 in Louisiana..."
Equipment, Supplies & Resources:
Enabled Kids: Assistive devices, splinting and AFOs
10 Things You Must Know for an IEP by Imagination Soup.
Assistive Technology post on Love Life and Be Gentle.
"What is hydrocephalus" by James Makker, MD
Activities & Outings:
Play park for all Morgan's Wonderland. On LinkedIn Linking Cerebral Palsy group: "Morgan's Wonderland in San Antonio, Texas is awesome. It is a play park for kids w/ disabilities. The kids get in free, It includes wheelchair swings, padded and covered play areas, gym, wheelchair car rides, sensory room, fishing and picnic facilities. We took my son Sean, he loved it. It is all volunteers and community supported. No affiliation, just a dad's perspective."
Local to SWFL:
Integrity Biofeedback Inc.
Anatomy of Emotions Course
An in depth yet practical teaching on the power of emotions, addressing such questions as...
- How do emotions impact my physiological health and well being?
- How does my ancesteral emotional baggage influence my conscious and unconscious decisions?
- How can I identify my belief systems about God, myself, and my relationships that are sabotaging my life?
- Why does "The Secret" work for some and not for others?
- How can I "reprogram" my thinking from negative to positive in a short period of time?
Are you ready for a LIFE change?
- Saturdays, September 10, 17, 24
- For NTCB 10 CEUs credit: 4th week, Oct 1 and case study required
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon EST
- Registration Deadline: September 2