Thursday, August 11, 2011

Prayers Received and Accepted by Donna Lee

I am not a religious person but have become a true believer.

Every since I got the phone call from my brother, Brad, requesting that I swab my inner cheeks and send the DNA kit back to the Bone Marrow Transplant Center, at Presbyterian Cornell Hospital, I knew my prayers would be received and accepted. I knew I was a perfect match and that I would donate Bone Marrow to my brother, who is one year older than I, 55 years of age.

He has been ill for many years, starting with lymphoma, and now a rare type of leukemia, called Myelogenous.

I received the news, while visiting in Israel, that I am a PERFECT match. I jumped out of my seat and started to dance the hora, thanking God, mother earth, the universe and all my friends who prayed for us. Terry taught me how to read the psalms, Sandy came to temple with me,  Julie accompanied me to the Wailing Wall, in Jerusalem, where I put a note in for Brad and placed my hands on the stone, feeling the vibrations. It was time  to come back to the USA. With a phone call the ticket was changed and I am here. My brother's white and red blood cells and platelets have risen, after receiving many infusions and is home with his family for a few days. I will start to receive "booster" shots, which will turn my super duper bone marrow into even a more enhanced product, leading us to the donation, which takes place next week, which my brother will receive the following day.   

The harvesting begins. My job is a breeze and I will tell you all about it in my next message. My brother has a very long and rough road, but he has many angels walking with him now. thanks EVERYONE.   B'ahava and Nameste.


DONNA LEE

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you are able to help your brother. That is great news!

Also - I wanted to let you know I am awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award. Please check out my blog to pick up the award. :-)

The (not so) Special Mother said...

Thanks for the follow--I'm following you back. I'm glad to have found your blog. I have a sister and a daughter with special needs.

CinfulCinnamon said...

That is AWESOME. I joined Be the Match a couple of months ago. I was an "almost" perfect match once a long time ago. I hope to be totally perfect the next time.

I'm so happy for you !