Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Recommendations

Dear Reader,
Please explore these wonderful posts I have shared below about being special needs.  The eloquence demonstrated by these bloggers has captured the essence of everything I strive to share about our special needs journey.  
Please come back and share your thoughts as well.  Stacie

How it feels to be special needs:

"CP in a Jar" from Butterfly Dreams

 
How it feels to be a special needs parent:



"Welcome to My World" found on Noah's Miracle. Also recommended on the site is "5 Things You Should Know" from Hope4Katy.

"I am tired..." by I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


I am broken and you Can't Break Me "As Time Goes By"

Unhandicapping the Disabled shares how the weight of "Medical Debt" weighs on the special needs.

What NOT to Say.... What to Say on Support for Special Needs.

Just a Word by Fighting Monsters with Rubber Swords.



Chronic Sorrow on Life with a Severely Disabled Child.



Groups and Forums:

For the Love of Blogs now has a group for "Parenting Special Needs"

Haunted and Convicted by Special Needs Ministry: "A 7-year-old boy with Cerebral Palsy was discovered brutally murdered by his father on Sunday, August 14, 2011 in Louisiana..." 


Equipment, Supplies & Resources:



Assistive Technology post on Love Life and Be Gentle.



Medical:
"What is hydrocephalus" by James Makker, MD

Activities & Outings:

Play park for all Morgan's Wonderland.  On LinkedIn Linking Cerebral Palsy group: "Morgan's Wonderland in San Antonio, Texas is awesome. It is a play park for kids w/ disabilities. The kids get in free, It includes wheelchair swings, padded and covered play areas, gym, wheelchair car rides, sensory room, fishing and picnic facilities. We took my son Sean, he loved it. It is all volunteers and community supported. No affiliation, just a dad's perspective." 

Upcoming Events:


Bullying:


Local to SWFL:

Integrity Biofeedback Inc. 
&  Academy
present
Anatomy of Emotions Course


An in depth yet practical teaching on the power of emotions, addressing such questions as...
  • How do emotions impact my physiological health and well being?
  • How does my ancesteral emotional baggage influence my conscious and unconscious decisions?
  • How can I identify my belief systems about God, myself, and my relationships that are sabotaging my life?
  • Why does "The Secret" work for some and not for others?
  • How can I "reprogram" my thinking from negative to positive in a short period of time? 
Are you ready for a LIFE change? 



No comments: