Friday, April 15, 2011

Day Number Four


This is a reminder of the reason I blog.  This blog is not about bemoaning our situation.  It is intended to give those just on the outside of a special needs family a glimpse inside.  Hopefully, I may help give a little insight into what may be behind all that frustration, hopelessness and the closed door that they may be encountering with another special needs family.

Today it is time for Riley to return to school.  He recovers from illness so much faster than he used to, but it is still quite challenging.   He is not 100% and I am certain to hear in his report for the day that he was sleepy, snotty, coughed and was not himself.  He is being himself, just the self that is mostly reserved for home.
Today he needs to get back to activity and stimulation that I cannot provide.  Also, I need a few hours without him in my arms.  My left forearm aches from the weight of him.  I feel the rounding of my spine from hugging him to me.  A few hours rest before launching into the weekend with Riley will help it be a much more pleasant weekend for all of us.  Errands without Riley would be helpful as well.  None of this happened.  Received a call from school before 10 am while on the way to run errands; he's running a fever and must go home.  Thankfully, Jamie and Alberto at the school are willing to load the wheelchair with good spirit each time I arrive without the ramp which allows me to handle it myself.  I am very grateful that they will take the time and energy and always with kindness and gentleness.  Riley has returned home and is resting a moment... not very quietly though, lol.  But then, he wouldn't be Riley if it was quietly.  Even when he's ill... he is still the sweetest child imaginable.

Still need to get in the laundry for those sheets of Riley's.  Not one set today but two.  We have the hardest working washing machine to be found outside of a laundromat.
 Riley art work from ESE class above.

Thank you to those in our daily lives willing to spend a few moment on my blog.  It means a lot to me.  Today I am grateful to Maria at the pharmacy for the time to see what it is all about here at Riley's Smile!  Thank you Maria.

No comments: